With over 1 Billion monthly active users, TikTok is the place to be right now if you have a brand you want to get in front of an audience.
But even with this fact, most brands aren’t on the app yet. Only 24% of brands believe in the power of TikTok.
That being said, here are 5 facts you should know about TikTok that may just convince you to get on the app:
While it may have started as a dancing app when it was mostly teens, it’s not the case anymore.
According to YellowHead, the 25-34 age range accounted for 25.4% of TikTok users in the US in 2022. When combined with the 18-24 demographic (23.9%), adults in the lucrative 18-34 demographic accounted for 49.3% of Tiktok users in the United States.
Long gone are the days when we would open Google to search for reviews, fashion inspo, and even restaurants to try out near us. Most users use TikTok as a search engine for almost anything they want to figure out.
In fact, a Google-commissioned study in the U.S found that a whopping 40% of users ages 18 to 24 use TikTok to search online.
TikTok’s algorithm is great at serving you content on your FYP from creators that live near you as much as they are for showing you content from creators around the world. It’s a great marketing tool from both a local and global perspective.
When compared to all the other major social media platforms, TikTok is the platform where creators get the highest engagement rates. With the average engagement rate on Instagram being between 1% and 2%, the average of 4.5% to 18% on TikTok is one heck of a difference.
A study conducted by Nielsen found that 53% of users feel that they can be themselves on the app. Plus, an average of 79% of users feel that the content on TikTok is unique and different from any other platform out there. These numbers are very explanatory for the social media platform’s high viewings!
If you need any help with deciding whether TikTok is the right platform for your business, get in touch with us!